This time around I talk a bit more about the Steve Vai interview in the latest Vintage Guitar magazine – modded & hot-rod guitars – Ibanez Jem guitars & Old guitars. Listen up!
- Story about the guy I grew up playing guitar with and how he got really good over one summer.
- Old cheap guitars that just talk to you and make you buy & love them
- Identify slot head guitars date – pre 1926 or post 1926
This guitar was made after 1926 – see that the tuning peg post is above the gear. Pre 1926 slot head guitars have the gear above the post.
This week I’m all over the place folks. I’m digging the love for Judas Priest by Honda’s marketing dept! You can listen by clicking this thing called a hyperlink!
- A little talk about coated strings.
- The special moment when an instrument speaks to you and you know it’s THE instrument for you!
- Developing your ear for tone.
- Auto rant
- Lots a talk about the Steve Vai interview in Vintage Guitar Magazine
- Rant in defense of myself and potentially other guitar related podcasts and attempting to clear up a potential misunderstanding
So now in response to requests to talk about music theory, here’s your stuff! I talk about the formula to create major, minor scales and chord triads. I hope this helps you. Please let me know if this helped you or if you are more confused than ever! If you have more you’d like to add, please do so!
Listen to the show! Maybe you’ll learn something, or get way confused… (sorry)