Episode 95 has more questions and comments from the facebook people! Cool comment about the Gretch Duo-Jet and some questions about amps. Enjoy! Well, listen and enjoy!
This week I talk about a bunch of stuff. (really Loren? a bunch of stuff?) Listen here…
- Road Trip Preview
- Check out other stores and builders outside your area – build a radius guitar map
- Rant about amp repair video (ugh!) See the video below
- Be careful who you let work on your amp
- Beware! Fake Gibsons!
This week I’m a bit under the weather battling a kidney stone (fun) but can still put out an episode. I’ll update you on the following items
- EXP D’Addario strings review
- Getchel/Thomas Organ amp update
- Progress report on my “shredder” guitar,
Here are some questions/feedback I’ll cover
- Using your stereo to help your acoustic guitar open up
- Budget import guitars follow up
- Guitar Player’s 34 Import Guitar Review
- Backup Guitars
- Identifying fakes
- Recommended Music/Guitar movies
- Cleaning & scratch removal basics
- Winterizing your guitar – dry/humidity
- Favorite wah solo?
So the story continues about the shredder guitar. I was asked about active vs passive pickups so I ramble a bit about that topic. Also we have a neat story about an old Gibson GA-40 amp.
This week’s episode is about how our ears change for better and sometimes for the worse. Check out how Eddie Van Halen’s taste and ear has changed through the years.