Listener feedback is now an ongoing segment of the show. We’ll talk Marshall, Microphones, Amps and other fun guitar stuff.
Keeping it in the Family
This week I field questions about my guitars, the ones I’m taking to the Indiana Guitar Show as well as the amps and pedals I’m taking to sell. Email feedback shows we have at least one listener in Finland! On the topic of “keeping it in the family” there are changes coming to the amp I found in my father-in-law’s barn; the Getchell Chicago Deluxe, a bit of background on my family’s musical roots & a Washburn Les Paul…
RIP Chuck Berry
I can’t let this episode pass without addressing the significant loss to the guitar world with the passing of the legendary guitarist who defined rock guitar: Chuck Berry.
After a long wait you finally get a new show from me. Finally right?! Well, I’ll try to make this a good one since you had to wait so long. Today I’m going to address the following:
- Question about Hum in Bad Cat Cougar 15 with a Fender Triple Telecaster
- Catching up on why the heck haven’t I put out an episode in SIX MONTHS?!
- Commentary on Prince
- My messed up elbow
Guitar and Amp Hum, Strings, Elbow Injury
Once again we have another listener feedback show! We get some follow-up from Travis who shares a photo of his G&L Skyhawk (which is in much better shape than mine I might add! I got some negative feedback on iTunes I’d like to share.
- Daniel writes in asking about the different models of Les Pauls. I am more than happy to talk about the different models (basics from the 50’s on, not the whacky stuff going on now) and differences in the 70’s Gibsons (Norlin Years) as opposed to other eras.
- I also answer a question about using an attenuator.
- Big news is the Indiana Guitar Show is back and I went and had a great time!
- silent sister and a small church
- sanding a neck
- wah distortion
- boutique guitars
- the Indiana Guitar Show!
- Have a listen! >>